InfoSAGE https://infosagehealth.org is a family-centered tool created by researchers at Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to better coordinate and collaborate care, free of charge. Designed to help families communicate and manage caregiving outside of a hospital environment, each network is built around one individual (the Keystone) with connections to every member in their care network. Three levels of access ensure control of privacy, keeping sensitive information private and shared only with those approved by the Keystone (or Proxy). Tasks (appointments, errands) can be assigned to specific users or left open for volunteers, and are automatically added the shared network calendar. A medication list can tack the names, doses, frequencies, routes and types of medications. Users can easily email or print for quick reference, or to bring to an appointment. Medications can be marked as active or inactive, and viewing can be restricted to appropriate users. InfoSAGE, in partnership with Health On the Net Foundation, provides an easy to use, accurate and relevant, search bar conveniently located at the top of the page.
See also Telemedicine projects.
- Nasr, M, Karray, F, Quintana, Y. Human Machine Interaction Platform for Home Care Support System, 2020 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), October 11-14, 2020, Toronto, Canada, In Press
- Quintana Y, Quintana Y, Fahy D, Crotty B, Gorenberg M, Jain R, Kaldany E, Lipsitz L, Chen YP, Henao J, Safran C. A Usability Evaluation of the InfoSAGE App for Family-Based Medication Management. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2019;257:352-357. PubMed PMID: 30741222.
- Quintana Y, Fahy D, Abdelfatta AM, Henao J, Safran C. The design and methodology of a usability protocol for the management of medications by families for aging older adults. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making. (2019) 19:181 PMID: 31488134 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12911-019-0907-8
- Quintana, Y, Fahy, D, Crotty, B, Jain, R, Kaldany, E, Gorenberg, M, Lipsitz, L, Engorn, D, Rodriguez, J, Orfanos, A, Bajracharya, A, Henao, J, Adra, M, Skerry, D, Slack, WV. InfoSAGE: Supporting Elders and Families through Online Family Networks. In Proceedings of the American Medical Informatics Association Annual Symposium, (November 3-7, 2018, San Francisco, CA, USA). Bethesda, Maryland, USA: American Medical Informatics Association. 2018 Dec 5;2018:932-94 eCollection 2018. PubMed PMID: 30815136.
- Quintana Y, Crotty B, Fahy D, Lipsitz L, Davis RB, Safran C. Information sharing across generations and environments (InfoSAGE): study design and methodology protocol. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2018 Nov 20;18(1):105. doi: 10.1186/s12911-018-0697-4. PubMed PMID: 30458840
- Quintana Y, Crotty B, Fahy D, Orfanos A, Jain R, Kaldany E, Lipsitz L, Engorn D, Rodriguez J, Pandolfe F, Bajracharya A, Slack WV, Safran C. InfoSAGE: Use of Online Technologies for Communication and Elder Care. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;234:280-285. PubMed PMID: 28186055.
- Quintana Y, Safran C. eCare at a Distance: Opportunities and Challenges. Research on the use of Information and Communication Technologies in Brazilian health facilities - Health ICT 2014. Pgs 167-177. August 20, 2015.
- Crotty BH, Walker J, Dierks M, Lipsitz L, O'Brien J, Fischer S, Slack WV, Safran C. Information Sharing Preferences of Older Patients and Their Families. JAMA Intern Med. 2015 Sep;175(9):1492-7. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2015.2903. PubMed PMID: 26147401.