The VA Caribbean Healthcare System provides for the health care needs of Veterans in the Caribbean islands. The VA Caribbean Healthcare System provides services to a population of 150,000 Veterans in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. DCI and the VA are currently working on a VA Funded Research Study: Enhancing Access: A Pilot Study to evaluate Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) assessment in rural areas of U.S. territories using appropriate English and Spanish instrumentsvia Telehealth and Veterans Video Connect (VVC) interventions. The goal of this research study is to conduct a feasibility study to evaluate the implementation of Telehealth and VVC interventions for TBI assessment, in the language of preference, of Veterans residing in rural areas of the Caribbean U.S. territories.
Collaborating Scientists: Dr. Irma Molina, Associate Chief of Staff for Research & Development & Dr. George Velez, Deputy Director, VA Caribbean Healthcare System
See also InfoSAGE project.
- Deploying and Evaluating Telehealth Programs for Patients at Home: The BIDMC InfoSAGE and VA Projects - 2/25/21
- Borycki EM, Kushniruk AW, Kletke R, Vimarlund V, Sentharijah Y, and Y. Quintana. In Press. “Enhancing Safety During a Pandemic Using Virtual Care Remote Monitoring Technologies.” IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics - International Medical Informatics Association
- Evaluation of mobile apps for treatment of patients at risk of developing gestational diabetes.” Health Informatics J, 26, 3, Pp. 1983-1994. . 9/1/2020. “
- Human-Machine Interaction Platform for Home Care Support System.” In 2020 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), Pp. 4210-4215. Toronto, ON, Canada, October 14, 2020: IEEE. . 2020. “
- A Usability Evaluation of the InfoSAGE App for Family-Based Medication Management.” Stud Health Technol Inform , 257, Pp. 352-357. . 2019. “
- Culturally Appropriate Behavioral Change in Maternal Health: Role of Mobile and Online Technologies Over Time.” In Cognitive Informatics in Health and Biomedicine: Understanding and Modeling Health Behaviors, Pp. 213-233. Spinger. . 8/3/2017. “
- eCare at a Distance: Opportunities and Challenges.” In Research on the use of Information and Communication Technologies in Brazilian health facilities - ICT in health 2014, Pp. 168-177. Sao Paulo, Brazil: Brazilian Internet Steering Committee . 10/2015. “