This research examines the principles for people-centered e-health. People-centered health care systems are based on values and priorities of patients and families, seeks to improve access to healthcare, and provide active role for the patients and caregivers. This research area is looking how we define people-centered health care and approaches to reduce health disparities.
- M. Nasr, F. Karray and Y. Quintana, "Human Machine Interaction Platform for Home Care Support System," 2020 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), Toronto, ON, Canada, October 14, 2020, pp. 4210-4215, doi: 10.1109/SMC42975.2020.9283095.
- Quintana, Y, McWhirter J. Culturally Appropriate Behavioral Change in Maternal Health: Role of Mobile and Online Technologies Over Time. In: Cognitive Informatics in Health and Biomedicine: Understanding and Modeling Health Behaviors. Eds: V.L. Patel, J.F. Arocha, J.S. Ancker, Spriger Aug 3, 2017, 213-233.
- Quintana Y, Henao J, Kaldany E, Gorenbeg M, Chen YP, Adra M, Lipsitz L, Safran C. InfoSAGE: Usage Pattern of a Family-Centric Care Coordination Online Platform. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2019 Aug 21;264:1972-1973. doi:10.3233/SHTI190740. PubMed PMID: 31438434.
- Quintana Y, Safran C. Global Challenges in People-Centered E-Health. MEDINFO 2015 Congress. ISO Press: Stud Health Technol Inform. 2015;216:977. PubMed PMID: 26262279.
- Quintana Y, Safran C. eCare at a Distance: Opportunities and Challenges. Research on the use of Information and Communication Technologies in Brazilian health facilities - Health ICT 2014. Pgs 167-177. August 20, 2015.
- Quintana Y, Lorenzi NM, Shani M. People-Centred Healthcare systems: opportunities and challenges. In: Global People-centred eHealth Innovation Forum. London: British Medical Journal Group. Satellites. 2011:18; 17-24.
- Quintana Y, Feightner JW, Wathen CN, Sangster LM, Marshall JN. Preventive health information on the Internet. Qualitative study of consumers' perspectives. Canadian Family Physician. 2001 Sept; 47:1759-1765. (PMID: 11570301)
- Feightner JW, Marshall JN, Sangster LM, Wathen CN, Quintana Y. Evidence-based preventive practice guidelines. Qualitative study of useful resources on the Internet. Canadian Family Physician. 2001 August; 47:1577-1583. (PMID: 11561334)